Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Problem with XP

My Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 seems to have a problem
with the return to center tension. The device appears in
game controllers and calibrates, but the return to center
tension works inversely - i.e. it returns to the
perimeter and is difficult to hold at center - same with
all three levels of force - any ideas? ALways worked
correctly before - haven't used in a month or two, now
have SP2 - could this be related? Connected to the USB
ports of my ABit NF7-S mobo (NForce2).

HI,
Remove teh SP2 & then try. Because their are lot of
issues related to SP@ & it may cause a working device or
hardware to behave erraticaly.

try removing the sp2 using its uninstall option in
control panel -> Add remove programs -> SP2 uninstall.

Mahendra

Oh yeah, that was an intelligent post. Don't uninstall SP2. Unplug the
device from the computer and do the following, then reboot and plug it
back in.

Click Start-Run-Type regedit and click OK. Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB

Now delete whatever folder starting with Vid_Xxxx that contains
information about your Sidewinder product. Once you have done that,
reboot and plug the device in.

----
Nathan McNulty