Keyboard stoped working

I rebooted my Windows XP PC and my keyboard stoped working. I can enter in
the setup and change the settings, so it looks like my hardware is ok.

My keyboard is USB, but I also tried using PS2 keyboards and I got the same
results.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lourenço.
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard stoped working

    Try Safe Mode first. As soon as you turn on your computer and before
    the Windows Logo appears, press F8 a few times until you get the options
    where you can choose to boot into Windows in Safe Mode (with Networking
    is what I would suggest). Now, if the keyboard works, I would download
    and install the latest chipset (motherboard drivers) for your computer.
    Try using Everest Home from www.lavalys.com to find out what
    motherboard you have and it should even provide a link to the proper
    drivers. If they keyboard doesn't work in Safe Mode, try the method below:

    Try booting off your Windows XP CD, choose to INSTALL, then press R to
    repair. Now the keyboard should be working throughout this process and
    XP will repair itself. What happens here is that it overwrites the
    critical system files with the ones from the CD in case any files were
    modified or removed that were needed. Note this will not delete any of
    your personal data, but it will remove all security/hotfix updates you
    have downloaded for Windows. You will want to go to Windows Update
    immediately after doing this.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Lourenço Teodoro wrote:
    > I rebooted my Windows XP PC and my keyboard stoped working. I can enter in
    > the setup and change the settings, so it looks like my hardware is ok.
    >
    > My keyboard is USB, but I also tried using PS2 keyboards and I got the same
    > results.
    >
    > Any feedback would be appreciated.
    >
    > Lourenço.

Hardware Keyboards Windows XP