XP SP2 Crashes on a P4S800-MX SE and BIOS update

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi,

I just have bought a PC with the P4S800-MX SE motherboard with 2 512MB
PC3200 DDR.

During last week I experienced crashes on that machine always while I
was not using it. Using windbg I saw the "The PTEs mapping the argument
system cache view have been corrupted." and DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:
DRIVER_FAULT error. I tested for memory errors with MS memory testing
and prime95 without experiencing any crash.

Yesterday, I did a BIOS update with ASUS 0501 release and leave the
machine running without experienced any crash. Although it's early to
know what is happening may be a BIOS update correct it?

Thank You,
Sebastian Wain
--
http://swain.webframe.org

Paul

Splendid

In article <1124458450.746545.256760@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"(Sebastian) Raul Wain" <sebastian_wain@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just have bought a PC with the P4S800-MX SE motherboard with 2 512MB
> PC3200 DDR.
>
> During last week I experienced crashes on that machine always while I
> was not using it. Using windbg I saw the "The PTEs mapping the argument
> system cache view have been corrupted." and DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:
> DRIVER_FAULT error. I tested for memory errors with MS memory testing
> and prime95 without experiencing any crash.
>
> Yesterday, I did a BIOS update with ASUS 0501 release and leave the
> machine running without experienced any crash. Although it's early to
> know what is happening may be a BIOS update correct it?
>

> Thank You,
> Sebastian Wain
> --
> http://swain.webframe.org

Test your memory with memtest86+ from memtest.org . It is
a free download, and when you execute the floppy version
of memtest86+, it will format a blank floppy diskette for
you. The image on the floppy contains its own boot loader,
so no OS is needed. You won't be able to examine the floppy
in Windows, as it has no (regular) file system.

Boot your computer with the memtest86 test floppy. Do at least
two full passes error free, before deciding the memory is good.

The beauty of memtest86+, is it tests all the memory. It
even lifts its own executable out of the way, and tests underneath.
No Windows based tester can match this. In your case, the bad memory
was part of the OS area, so no Windows tester could test it.
Memtest86+ is the program you should be using.

Paul

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I tested before with windiag microsoft memory tests at:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp, with prime95 and now with
memtest86+.
The only thing notourious on memtest86+ is it display FSB has a 200
mhz, but the motherboard has a 800 mhz FSB.

The machine didn't reboot since the flash update, and I don't know if
this bios upgrade solved the problem or it's independent.

Thank You,
Sebastian Wain
--
http://swain.webframe.org