IntelliMouse Explorer Pointer Slows/Freezes

Tags:
  • Pointer
  • Windows XP
September 16, 2004 11:42:15 PM

Hi gang,

Well, I looked through all the knowledge base articles and
the only solution I found with was to uninstall the 5.x
driver/software and go back to the old one. Well, I did
this and am still facing the same problem. Are there
remnants of the 5.x driver left in some dll files that I
need to manually edit out? Having my mouse pointer slow
down or freeze is getting quite annoying. Thanks for any
help in advance!

P.S. I have the same mouse at home and at work and the one
at home is working just fine. The only difference is that
the one here at work is using a USB-->PS/2 adapter while
the one at home is going straight in the USB. And yes, I
tried going straight through USB here just to see if that
made a difference, but it actually makes it worse (more
frequent freezing). Before all of this, everything worked
fine with the adapter (FYI). Thanks again!

Using:
* Windows XP Professional
* IntelliMouse Explorer USB and PS/2 Compatible
* Driver Version 4.10.851.0

More about : intellimouse explorer pointer slows freezes

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 2:45:17 AM

There are two things I would like to mention. First, you need to make
sure that the reciever is close to the mouse. I have had a distance of
15 feet work at times and only 2 feet at other times. It is very odd,
but you may just need to position it closer.

Second, try installing the latest drivers available from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Down...

Note: Uninstall ALL IntelliPoint/IntelliType software before installing
the new version using the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

----
Nathan McNulty

Ed wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> Well, I looked through all the knowledge base articles and
> the only solution I found with was to uninstall the 5.x
> driver/software and go back to the old one. Well, I did
> this and am still facing the same problem. Are there
> remnants of the 5.x driver left in some dll files that I
> need to manually edit out? Having my mouse pointer slow
> down or freeze is getting quite annoying. Thanks for any
> help in advance!
>
> P.S. I have the same mouse at home and at work and the one
> at home is working just fine. The only difference is that
> the one here at work is using a USB-->PS/2 adapter while
> the one at home is going straight in the USB. And yes, I
> tried going straight through USB here just to see if that
> made a difference, but it actually makes it worse (more
> frequent freezing). Before all of this, everything worked
> fine with the adapter (FYI). Thanks again!
>
> Using:
> * Windows XP Professional
> * IntelliMouse Explorer USB and PS/2 Compatible
> * Driver Version 4.10.851.0

September 21, 2004 12:24:02 AM

This is actuall a hard-wired mouse, so the distance I
don't think should matter.

On your second note, I've done that a number of times with
no luck. :(  I even went as far as editing registry
settings in KB321122, with no luck. Don't tell me I'm the
only one facing this issue. *sigh* Thanks in advance for
any help.

d.mspx

>Note: Uninstall ALL IntelliPoint/IntelliType software
before installing
>the new version using the Add/Remove Programs in the
Control Panel.

>----
>Nathan McNulty
>

>Ed wrote:
>> Hi gang,
>>
>> Well, I looked through all the knowledge base articles
and
>> the only solution I found with was to uninstall the 5.x
>> driver/software and go back to the old one. Well, I did
>> this and am still facing the same problem. Are there
>> remnants of the 5.x driver left in some dll files that
>> need to manually edit out? Having my mouse pointer slow
>> down or freeze is getting quite annoying. Thanks for
any
>> help in advance!
>>
>> P.S. I have the same mouse at home and at work and the
one
>> at home is working just fine. The only difference is
that
>> the one here at work is using a USB-->PS/2 adapter
while
>> the one at home is going straight in the USB. And yes,
>> tried going straight through USB here just to see if
that
>> made a difference, but it actually makes it worse (more
>> frequent freezing). Before all of this, everything
worked
>> fine with the adapter (FYI). Thanks again!
>>
>> Using:
>> * Windows XP Professional
>> * IntelliMouse Explorer USB and PS/2 Compatible
>> * Driver Version 4.10.851.0
>>
>.

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:32:21 PM

Sorry I assumed you were using a wireless mouse :)

Just a note, there is a certain point where the signal through the cable
will finally die, but I can garuntee your cable is not THAT long :p

What I would suggest is to try backing up all of your data, format the
drive, and install Windows clean. Then try setting it up. If you still
have problems, have it replaced. You can do this through the place of
purchase or directly though MS.

----
Nathan McNulty

!