XP and Drive Image 'Out of Memory' problem

Hi,

I have XP Pro and Drive Image 2002. It has most times worked fine, but
every now and then I get a #3 Out of Memory error from the program about
1 to 3% into the dos workings.

I am trying to high compress a 10GB partition into a 39GB drive so there
is plenty of HD space. I have 512 RAM and as it goes from XP to dos,
nothing is loaded to take up that ram.

I have looked on the Powerquest sute but nothing mentioned there.

Help !

Thanks

David
2 answers Last reply
More about drive image memory problem

    Have you tried lower compression or other settings to see if any
    different settings work? I do not use Drive Image, so I can't really
    help too much other than offer generic suggestions. Sorry :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    "Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have XP Pro and Drive Image 2002. It has most times worked fine,
    > but every now and then I get a #3 Out of Memory error from the
    > program about 1 to 3% into the dos workings.
    >
    > I am trying to high compress a 10GB partition into a 39GB drive so
    > there is plenty of HD space. I have 512 RAM and as it goes from XP
    > to dos, nothing is loaded to take up that ram.
    >
    > I have looked on the Powerquest sute but nothing mentioned there.

    Drive Image 2002 is for ME, 98, 95 and NT.
    Drive Image 7 is for XP and 2000 Professional.
    I received both CD's when I purchased Drive Image.
    Also you are really not clear as to what you are trying
    to accomplish, with the wrong software.

Windows XP Memory