XP and Drive Image 'Out of Memory' problem

September 17, 2004 8:21:51 PM

Hi,

I have XP Pro and Drive Image 2002. It has most times worked fine, but
every now and then I get a #3 Out of Memory error from the program about
1 to 3% into the dos workings.

I am trying to high compress a 10GB partition into a 39GB drive so there
is plenty of HD space. I have 512 RAM and as it goes from XP to dos,
nothing is loaded to take up that ram.

I have looked on the Powerquest sute but nothing mentioned there.

Help !

Thanks

David
Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 18, 2004 2:47:19 AM

Have you tried lower compression or other settings to see if any
different settings work? I do not use Drive Image, so I can't really
help too much other than offer generic suggestions. Sorry :)

----
Nathan McNulty

Rock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have XP Pro and Drive Image 2002. It has most times worked fine, but
> every now and then I get a #3 Out of Memory error from the program about
> 1 to 3% into the dos workings.
>
> I am trying to high compress a 10GB partition into a 39GB drive so there
> is plenty of HD space. I have 512 RAM and as it goes from XP to dos,
> nothing is loaded to take up that ram.
>
> I have looked on the Powerquest sute but nothing mentioned there.
>
> Help !
>
> Thanks
>
> David
September 18, 2004 11:38:00 AM

"Rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have XP Pro and Drive Image 2002. It has most times worked fine,
> but every now and then I get a #3 Out of Memory error from the
> program about 1 to 3% into the dos workings.
>
> I am trying to high compress a 10GB partition into a 39GB drive so
> there is plenty of HD space. I have 512 RAM and as it goes from XP
> to dos, nothing is loaded to take up that ram.
>
> I have looked on the Powerquest sute but nothing mentioned there.

Drive Image 2002 is for ME, 98, 95 and NT.
Drive Image 7 is for XP and 2000 Professional.
I received both CD's when I purchased Drive Image.
Also you are really not clear as to what you are trying
to accomplish, with the wrong software.
!