help with fresh install.

Tags:
  • Floppy Disk
  • Windows XP
September 17, 2004 3:45:34 AM

Hi I have an Asus KV8 SE Deluxe motherboard with serial
ata150 I have a 200gb drive attached and I'm trying to
install winxp pro to that drive. I have made a floppy to
use to install the drivers when windows asks for them
during setup after pressing f6, However I keep getting
this erorr message

"File \winxp\fasttx2k.sys caused an unexpected error
(4111) at line 2108 in
d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk c."

I have used 3 different progs to make the floppy, but get
the same error any ideas?

Thanks

More about : fresh install

September 17, 2004 5:05:05 AM

You need to use the correct driver set for the RAID level of your Hard Drive
and also for Windows XP.

Read the manual carefull and make sure you load the correct drivers.

Also you should set BIOS correctly.

!