S3 suspend/resume and CT-479 Pentium M Adapter

Does the CT-479 Pentium M adaptor break Suspend-to-RAM(S3) mode?

I've tested both the S1 & S3 suspend/resume modes on the following
system: P4P800SE + Pentium M-730. The S1 mode works fine; the S3,
doesn't.

Could it be that because power must be provided to the CT-479 adaptor,
via a floppy power connector, suspend-to-RAM(S3) mode becomes
impossible?

Paul

Splendid

In article <1124484170.691566.207210@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"grotius" <grotius747@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does the CT-479 Pentium M adaptor break Suspend-to-RAM(S3) mode?
>
> I've tested both the S1 & S3 suspend/resume modes on the following
> system: P4P800SE + Pentium M-730. The S1 mode works fine; the S3,
> doesn't.
>
> Could it be that because power must be provided to the CT-479 adaptor,
> via a floppy power connector, suspend-to-RAM(S3) mode becomes
> impossible?

In normal S3, don't you see the fans stop spinning ? That
means the main power is off, and only +5VSB is running.
The +5VSB powers the RAM while in S3, and also powers
Wake on LAN, Wake on Keyboard and the like.

The +12 coming from the floppy connector to your CT-479,
is no different than the +12V on the 2x2 ATX12V connector
that feeds the Vcore motherboard regulator. In S3, both
will be losing their +12V, AFAIK.

This could be a BIOS issue. Check the private forums that
specialize in Pentium M and see if this is a known issue.

Paul