Intel Wireless 2100 3b does not work after installing Serv..

I have a Dell Latitude D600, P4 1.6ghz, 512ram with an Intel Pro 2100
3b Wireless card in it. I was able to use the card just fine with my
wireless network with WinXP SP1.

Service Pack 2 came out, and after I installed it I couldn't connect
to the network any more. I would get the message "Limited or no
Connectivity" even though the signal strength would be "Strong" or
even "Excellent". Packets will be sent from the adapter, but it does
not receive any. My IP also shows up as the Automatic IP Addressing.

I tried the usual things, uninstalling/reinstalling the driver,
releasing and renewing IP, changing configurations on the router etc.
It is weird b/c the card sees the router, but can't do anything about
it. I finally tried uninstalling SP2 and boom, it started working
again.

One of my neighbors is having the same problem with an Intel pro 100
ethernet card. So to me this definatly seems like a problem between
Intel and SP2. Unfortunatly, Intel does not support this card any
more and MS doesn't seem to interested in it.

Do you guys think that I will never be able to run SP2 with my Intel
Pro wirless card? Anyone else having this or a similair problem?

Dave

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702&Product=windowsxpsp2

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875357&Product=windowsxpsp2

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"David Warren" wrote:

| I have a Dell Latitude D600, P4 1.6ghz, 512ram with an Intel Pro 2100
| 3b Wireless card in it. I was able to use the card just fine with my
| wireless network with WinXP SP1.
|
| Service Pack 2 came out, and after I installed it I couldn't connect
| to the network any more. I would get the message "Limited or no
| Connectivity" even though the signal strength would be "Strong" or
| even "Excellent". Packets will be sent from the adapter, but it does
| not receive any. My IP also shows up as the Automatic IP Addressing.
|
| I tried the usual things, uninstalling/reinstalling the driver,
| releasing and renewing IP, changing configurations on the router etc.
| It is weird b/c the card sees the router, but can't do anything about
| it. I finally tried uninstalling SP2 and boom, it started working
| again.
|
| One of my neighbors is having the same problem with an Intel pro 100
| ethernet card. So to me this definatly seems like a problem between
| Intel and SP2. Unfortunatly, Intel does not support this card any
| more and MS doesn't seem to interested in it.
|
| Do you guys think that I will never be able to run SP2 with my Intel
| Pro wirless card? Anyone else having this or a similair problem?
|
| Dave

I know I have tried some of those things that MS said in their
article, but I don't know if I have tried everything... I'll read it
over and try anything I haven't tried yet.

Thanks for the post.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message news:<uZ#LdgMnEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702&Product=windowsxpsp2
>
> Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875357&Product=windowsxpsp2
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP