Using a Sierra 555 PC Card on a desktop with adapter

Hi, how is everybody doing?

I shall be glad if somebody can inform me whether a wireless Internet PCMCIA
device intended for a laptop will function the same if installed with a PC
Card-PCI adaptor in a desktop PC.

I am shortly getting a Sierra 555 card from a service provider for my laptop
and wanted to know if this work on my PC also when necessary. I am buying
the required PC Card-PCI adaptor shortly.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Everybody be blessed.

Shiva
1 answer Last reply
More about using sierra card desktop adapter

    It should work fine, but my suggestion would be to just buy a wireless
    card for your computer instead of buying the PCI adapter. The PCI
    adapter is going to be more expensive than the wireless card designed
    for your desktop will. Just be sure to choose the right technology.

    Check and see if it is Wireless B or Wireless G, then buy the
    appropriate card.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Shiva wrote:
    > Hi, how is everybody doing?
    >
    > I shall be glad if somebody can inform me whether a wireless Internet PCMCIA
    > device intended for a laptop will function the same if installed with a PC
    > Card-PCI adaptor in a desktop PC.
    >
    > I am shortly getting a Sierra 555 card from a service provider for my laptop
    > and wanted to know if this work on my PC also when necessary. I am buying
    > the required PC Card-PCI adaptor shortly.
    >
    > Thanks a lot in anticipation.
    >
    > Everybody be blessed.
    >
    > Shiva

Desktops Wireless Internet Windows XP