Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?

Just wondering if there are any known conflicts with XP
and these drives. My drives were working fine until I
installed XP. They seem to try to read, but either
cannot or read the disk incorrect.

Some drives may have issues with SP-2.
Check with the drive manufacturers and computer manufacturer for
details.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"ANMS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if there are any known conflicts with XP
> and these drives. My drives were working fine until I
> installed XP. They seem to try to read, but either
> cannot or read the disk incorrect.

Hello

It may help if you can provide what type of driver or name of
components that you are using

Al

ANMS wrote:

> Just wondering if there are any known conflicts with XP
> and these drives. My drives were working fine until I
> installed XP. They seem to try to read, but either
> cannot or read the disk incorrect.

Here are a couple of troubleshooting articles for XP and CD\CDRW drives:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

----