minor xp difficulty

After installing xp my scanner is non-operational.I have
installed the scanner (epson perfection1200u)with its
supplied software disk, however during installation it
prompts for a seperate driver disk-which i dont
have.Installation is unsuccessful. I cannot uninstall
either, which maybe why after downloading the appropriate
driver from epson it still wont install.Any help or advice
is much appreciated -and needed as i have spent many hours
on this.Thank you

Try replacing the driver from within hardware manager -
right click on the scanner then choose update driver then
reinstall the software without uninstalling.

Hope this helps.

Hi, pst.

The ground rule is: Microsoft writes Windows. Hardware makers write the
drivers that let their products work with Windows. In other words, the ball
is in Epson's court.

WinXP deals with hardware much differently than Win9x/ME. That means that
any device driver that worked with Win9x/ME almost certainly won't work with
WinXP.

MANY drivers are included on the WinXP CD-ROM. Unless your hardware is very
new, very old, or exotic, its driver should be there. Even if a driver is
here, it may be out of date by the time you need to install it. To be sure
you have "the latest and greatest", you will need to go to the hardware
manufacturer's website and find support for your model. Without too much
effort, I was able to find this page:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/Search.jsp?query=1200u&Category=&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&technical=&x=7&y=10

See if it has what you need. I see a FAQ asking, "How do I reinstall the
scanner software?"

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"pst" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing xp my scanner is non-operational.I have
> installed the scanner (epson perfection1200u)with its
> supplied software disk, however during installation it
> prompts for a seperate driver disk-which i dont
> have.Installation is unsuccessful. I cannot uninstall
> either, which maybe why after downloading the appropriate
> driver from epson it still wont install.Any help or advice
> is much appreciated -and needed as i have spent many hours
> on this.Thank you

TRENDING THREADS