A7v133 - Anyone Get It To Work w/ Applebred Duron?

It doesn't even boot if I am in Jumper-Free mode, but I can get to bios
settings if I set the jumpers for the right speed, multiplier and voltages
for the 1.6 GHz Applebred (12x133, 1.6ish volts). From the dual boot, I
actually run the existing Win98SE partition fine, but Win2K locks up.

Have some okish Mushkin 133 sdram (1 ea 256 and 128; i seem to remember this
board is fussy about ram..) that seems to handle running at 149MHz (800MHz
Duron OC'd to 900; no problems w/ Prime95).

Am I spinning my wheels, or can i get this thing up from the ultrasnooze of
the 800 to a slightly more spry 1600?

Call me -

Tired of buying video cards and ram

--
StewRat `8^Þ

Paul

Splendid

In article <483ig1170d3uc76ahkjcn309i8v59ib1kc@4ax.com>, StewRat
<Giant_Rat@Sumatra.com> wrote:

> It doesn't even boot if I am in Jumper-Free mode, but I can get to bios
> settings if I set the jumpers for the right speed, multiplier and voltages
> for the 1.6 GHz Applebred (12x133, 1.6ish volts). From the dual boot, I
> actually run the existing Win98SE partition fine, but Win2K locks up.
>
> Have some okish Mushkin 133 sdram (1 ea 256 and 128; i seem to remember this
> board is fussy about ram..) that seems to handle running at 149MHz (800MHz
> Duron OC'd to 900; no problems w/ Prime95).
>
> Am I spinning my wheels, or can i get this thing up from the ultrasnooze of
> the 800 to a slightly more spry 1600?
>
> Call me -
>
> Tired of buying video cards and ram

http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

If you search by CPU, you can get a list of boards that support

Duron 1800 (Model 8)(Applebred)

The A7V133 is not one of the listed boards.

If you search by the motherboard model name, only the older
Duron models are listed.

The Duron Applebred is a Model 8 die, a Thoroughbred.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25848.PDF

On the table on this page, an A7V133 motherboard revision "1.05."
is required to run a Model 8. That revision presumably has the
L-C-L (PI filter for the PLL voltage supply) filter, that allows
later models of processors to be run with some certainty. Without
a filter like that, some processors may run, and some may not.
Earlier revisions of board, including "1.05" and earlier, likely
don't have the filter circuit.

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/info/cpu/index.htm

I would say you have done well to get it to start.

Your next step, is to use the search engine on a7vtroubleshooting.
Enter these two terms in the search box - a7v133 applebred
Change "Max Age since last post" to 1000 days. Then search...

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/forum/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=;action=search

Here is a sample thread. Plenty of ideas to follow up on here.
It can be done.

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/forum/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=tweaking;action=display;num=1108261328;start=4

Paul