Can't receive e mails in Outlook Express

jacq

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005

Have recently changed ou BB modem to a Belkin wireless combined modem/router
in order to set up a home network. My problem is that since changing over we
can't receive all our family e mails as before, the exception being that we
can receive on our ISP's main a/c holder's e mail primary address.

Have been in touch with Belkin who so far said to change the router's MTU to
1400 which hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone else had this problem or can offer a solution??

Any help appreciated

It is not likely that your router's MTU is a problem if your main ISP
email account is working, unless all other email accounts are on some
other service. If they are all on other services, then yes, you may
have a "black hole router" problem. The solution may be investigated
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/159211
It is more likely that the other accounts may need to be re-setup as
"new" accounts, using the Add Mail account feature of Outlook Express.