SLI question

I have one Leadtek 6600GT. Can I put in another from a different
manufacturer to make SLI work or must the second card be from Leadtek as
well?

Ron
--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney

"Freedom55" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I have one Leadtek 6600GT. Can I put in another from a different
>manufacturer to make SLI work or must the second card be from Leadtek as
>well?
>
> Ron

Officially, they say the same model, same manufacturer.

But I don't know if it won't work with a diff. manufacturer. You might be
able to. Has anyone ever tried?

> --
> And it really doesn't matter if
> I'm wrong I'm right
> Where I belong I'm right
> Where I belong.
>
> Lennon & McCartney

Remember they say they need both cards firmware must be the same.

I have 2 x XFX 7800GTX.

"Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message

> "Freedom55" <"joinertake this out"@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>I have one Leadtek 6600GT. Can I put in another from a different
>>manufacturer to make SLI work or must the second card be from Leadtek as
>>well?
>>
>> Ron
>
> Officially, they say the same model, same manufacturer.
>
> But I don't know if it won't work with a diff. manufacturer. You might be
> able to. Has anyone ever tried?
>
>> --
>> And it really doesn't matter if
>> I'm wrong I'm right