P.C Crashes

Hi i am wondering if anyone can help me?

I am running Windows XP and every time i logon I when i try to start a
program i.e outlook it takes the computer ages to do aything and all the
other programs i try to open will not respond even the task manager.

The P.C eventually comes round but when stuck the light for the hard drive
does not even blinck

PLEASE HELP

TIA

John, have you checked for virus, trojans, spyware and adware? If not,
then use these sites

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/