Installing nightmare

I cannot seem to install hardware to my computer.
Everytime the computer is attached to new hardware it
fails and wizard goes mad

If the hardware fails before your computer even gets a chance to start a
wizard then there is something very wrong with your motherboard. Here is a
few steps that I have learned that might be of use over the time I've been
computing:
1: get the hardware box or packaging and read the steps, sometimes you have
to install the software before the hardware
2: make sure that there is not two of the same devices in the Device
Manager, also if your replacing a certain device, remove the original one
from the manager before actually putting the new piece in. If the previous
hardware is the same thing (like a sound card or modem) make sure the
previous one has no conflicts before putting the new one in.
3: see if your hardware has a self install wizard, if it does ignore the
windows one and use that one.

Hope one of these works.