wirless laptop,print/file share & work domain issue

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Wireless
  • Domain
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
February 9, 2005 1:17:05 PM

I recently set up a wireless network off of my home workstation.
XP working well with laptop and PC.

I would now like to file/print share with the same office/work laptop.
The laptop is now dedicated to my work domain.

When I try to include the laptop on my home network, the wizard is stoped
stating that I currently belong to a domain - no go!

Is there any way to get my laptop to acknowledge my home wireless
network/workgroup without jeapordizing my current work domain config?

I really want fileshare/print capabliites

More about : wirless laptop print file share work domain issue

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
February 9, 2005 5:02:42 PM

I have never seen on this news group, or any other for that matter,
the response I am about to suggest.The first thing I always tell
people who are trying to do what you want to do is simply "Ask you
work IT group for some help in doing what you want to do."
The reason I say this, is that it appears to me that you wish to
connect, and correct me if I'm wrong, a laptop that belongs to your
employer to a network that belongs to you. It is not that I'm acting
like some Security Nazi, but its always good to find out these things
before they have fired you, not afterwards.

Having said all that, try the following link.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...

!