PC: 1993 Dimension 2100 Dell 1.2MHZ, 256 RAM, KDS K700
17-in monitor. About 1/2 bootup time, monitor turns
off. I can turn it off and back on and all is fine.
What is causing the automatic turn off?

May be the drivers for the video card or monitor that is being loaded.
That sounds like something you may want to ask Dell about ;)

----
Nathan McNulty