Rookie Question on 32bit v 64 bit drivers

I'm a little embarrassed to be asking this question - since I should
probably know it - but here goes - I have an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe with
an Athlon64 3500+. I am using Windows XP Pro service pack 2. Do I use
32 bit or 64 bit drivers? My CPU is 64bit - but I'm not sure if the
drivers refer to the CPU or the OS. My XP is the standard version -
not the 64 bit version. I'd appreciate someone clearing this up for
me. Thanks

Dwight

DwightANJ schrieb:

> I'm a little embarrassed to be asking this question - since I should
> probably know it - but here goes - I have an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe with
> an Athlon64 3500+. I am using Windows XP Pro service pack 2. Do I use
> 32 bit or 64 bit drivers?

32 bit, as the CPU is used as an ordinary 32 bit x86 processor by your
32 bit OS right now and the x86-64 capabilities are unused.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

BigJim

check out www.tomshareware.com they have a review on the 64 bit OS.

DwightANJ wrote:
> I'm a little embarrassed to be asking this question - since I should
> probably know it - but here goes - I have an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe with
> an Athlon64 3500+. I am using Windows XP Pro service pack 2. Do I use
> 32 bit or 64 bit drivers? My CPU is 64bit - but I'm not sure if the
> drivers refer to the CPU or the OS. My XP is the standard version -
> not the 64 bit version. I'd appreciate someone clearing this up for
> me. Thanks
>
> Dwight

Unless you're using Windows XP 64-Bit Edition you need the 32-bit drivers.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada