ASUS P5GD1-VM on the win98?

I wish install ASUS mainboard P5GD1-VM on Win98.. I have new mainboard and
on the CD I can not find win98 drivers.. When I use winXP drivers I can not
make Display Properties and some other details are not so good..

any advices?

I can not find on the Asus web site P5GD1-VM mainboard drivers for win 98?
any advices?

The newer Asus motherboards do NOT support Win 98!

--
DaveW
"PHP2" <nospam@nospam.tv> wrote in message
>I wish install ASUS mainboard P5GD1-VM on Win98.. I have new mainboard and
>on the CD I can not find win98 drivers.. When I use winXP drivers I can not
>make Display Properties and some other details are not so good..
>
> any advices?
>
> I can not find on the Asus web site P5GD1-VM mainboard drivers for win 98?
> any advices?

Paul

Splendid

In article <deo17g$bv2$1@ss405.t-com.hr>, "PHP2" <nospam@nospam.tv> wrote:

> I wish install ASUS mainboard P5GD1-VM on Win98.. I have new mainboard and
> on the CD I can not find win98 drivers.. When I use winXP drivers I can not
> make Display Properties and some other details are not so good..
>
> any advices?
>
> I can not find on the Asus web site P5GD1-VM mainboard drivers for win 98?
> any advices?

Then look elsewhere.

The downloadfinder.intel.com site has both graphics drivers for built-in
graphics, and chipset (INF) drivers for Intel chipsets. This chipset
driver could be used for Win98SE for example. But, I don't see a video
driver for the build-in graphics of 915G, so you will have no video
acceleration, and may be stuck with low resolution settings.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=1765&OSFullName=Windows*+98+SE&lang=eng&strOSs=18&submit=Go%21

To try to install Win98, enter the BIOS and change the disk setting
from "Enhanced" to "Compatible". That is the trick to allow four
of six disks connected to the Southbridge to work. You could use
four IDE devices, or two IDE devices and two SATA devices in that
mode.

Without drivers for the other peripherals, much of the functions
of the computer could be compromised.

This page might give you a driver for the Ethernet interface. I
think the Asus support page has a driver as well. This is
for Intel 82562EZ Ethernet chip.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1702&lang=eng

Take a spare disk and experiment with it. Since you should be able
to get networking operational, it might be usable. For the graphics,
see if you can purchase a separate graphics card that has Win98
drivers, as that may give you better accelerated graphics.

In terms of the amount of memory, remember that Win98 is most
compatible with 512MB of memory. You may want to run the computer
with one stick of RAM, while you are doing the initial install.
Check Google, for some hacks that allow up to 1GB of memory to
be used with Win98. I could only get less than 768MB to work, so
your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Paul