I have no sound

For the last few months I have had an intermittant problem
on my XP Home. I keep loosing the sound and it has got
progressively worse I have checked through the normal
things that I think could be the problem and can't find
anything. Any ideas please.
Brian
2 answers Last reply
More about sound

    Reinstall the sound card drivers. Use Everest Home from www.lavalys.com
    to find out what sound card you have and it should also provide a link
    to the drivers. Also, double check that the card is well seated in the
    PCI slot (if it is a PCI Card), double check the jacks and plug. Make
    sure the contact is being made properly.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Brian wrote:
    > For the last few months I have had an intermittant problem
    > on my XP Home. I keep loosing the sound and it has got
    > progressively worse I have checked through the normal
    > things that I think could be the problem and can't find
    > anything. Any ideas please.
    > Brian

    Brian, what are you using for sound? Integrated sound chip on
    Motherboard? Pci Sound Card?
    "Brian" <brianjudge67@msn.com> wrote in message
    > For the last few months I have had an intermittant problem
    > on my XP Home. I keep loosing the sound and it has got
    > progressively worse I have checked through the normal
    > things that I think could be the problem and can't find
    > anything. Any ideas please.
    > Brian

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP