Microsoft Sidewinder device software 3.0x

I have a message on my PC saying that the drivers on the
disk for sidwinder gamepad are incompatible with my PC, I
have a Compaq pressario pc that is fairly new and upto
date with windows NT? Is there a solution?

Yes, the drivers for that devices are built into Windows XP. You cannot
use the old software with it. To add the device, connect it to the
computer, click Start-Control Panel-Game Controllers-Add-SideWinder
(Auto-Detect). It should work from there.

----
Nathan McNulty

Dave P wrote:
> I have a message on my PC saying that the drivers on the
> disk for sidwinder gamepad are incompatible with my PC, I
> have a Compaq pressario pc that is fairly new and upto
> date with windows NT? Is there a solution?

The 3.x Sidewinder software is not compatible with an NT based OS (Windows
NT 4.0, 2k or XP or whatever going forward).

The drivers for your device are already built into the OS.

Goto the Game Controller Control Panel
Then Add, Microsoft Sidewinder (auto-detect)...

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -