Browsing a Bluetooth device with SP2

SP2 has broken the software that came with my belkin USB bluetooth
dongle (I expected it would from reading other posts here) the SP2
native drivers work with my dongle but there does not seem to be any
way to browse files on my mobile phone in the same way I could with
belkin's own software. There is just the stupid files transfer wizard
which means I have to set the PC to receive a file and then send them
from the phone which is a very long winded affair

Is there any way to browse the files on my phone and see a folder view
of the files so I can copy pictures taken with the phone's camera to
my PC like I could with belkin's software which no longer works thanks
to Microsoft's software hijacking my dongle so it's own software can't
see it anymore.

I am currently having to use my apple G4 powerbook to transfer files
as it has a very nice browse feature.

You should still be able to use the Belkin BT Stack and software even
though XP took over the transciever. Just open BlueTooth Devices, go to
the Hardware tab, double click on the BlueTooth Enumerator, and update
the driver to the one you use. You can also reinstall your software and
use that.

----
Nathan McNulty

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> You should still be able to use the Belkin BT Stack and software
> even though XP took over the transciever. Just open BlueTooth
> Devices, go to the Hardware tab, double click on the BlueTooth
> Enumerator, and update the driver to the one you use. You can also
> reinstall your software and use that.

I tried that and windows XP refuses to install my old driver claiming
"no more suitable driver than the one installed could be found" or
words to that effect and the Belkin software does not see the dongle
when the microsoft driver is used

Is there any way to completely remove and stop the microsoft drivers
from loading? or does anyone know of third party software that will
work with the microsoft rubbish and allow me to browse a device in a
normal non-wizard way?

> I like toys and cake wrote:
>> SP2 has broken the software that came with my belkin USB bluetooth
>> dongle (I expected it would from reading other posts here) the SP2
>> native drivers work with my dongle but there does not seem to be
>> any way to browse files on my mobile phone in the same way I could
>> with belkin's own software. There is just the stupid files transfer
>> wizard which means I have to set the PC to receive a file and then
>> send them from the phone which is a very long winded affair
>>
>> Is there any way to browse the files on my phone and see a folder
>> view of the files so I can copy pictures taken with the phone's
>> camera to my PC like I could with belkin's software which no longer
>> works thanks to Microsoft's software hijacking my dongle so it's
>> own software can't see it anymore.
>>
>> I am currently having to use my apple G4 powerbook to transfer
>> files as it has a very nice browse feature.

Try removing them from Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc), then
install your Belkin Software, then reboot. You should be able to force
different drivers. That is weird that it won't see the real drivers.

----
Nathan McNulty

> Try removing them from Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc), then
> install your Belkin Software, then reboot. You should be able to
> force different drivers. That is weird that it won't see the real
> drivers.

That did the trick, thanks. I wouldn't mind using the microsoft
drivers and tools if only they offered all the functionality that is
supported by my hardware. I think perhaps bluetooth should be added to
the "set pragram access and defaults" tool

> I like toys and cake wrote:
>> "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>You should still be able to use the Belkin BT Stack and software
>>>even though XP took over the transciever. Just open BlueTooth
>>>Devices, go to the Hardware tab, double click on the BlueTooth
>>>Enumerator, and update the driver to the one you use. You can also
>>>reinstall your software and use that.
>>>

>> I tried that and windows XP refuses to install my old driver
>> claiming "no more suitable driver than the one installed could be
>> found" or words to that effect and the Belkin software does not see
>> the dongle when the microsoft driver is used
>>
>> Is there any way to completely remove and stop the microsoft
>> drivers from loading? or does anyone know of third party software
>> that will work with the microsoft rubbish and allow me to browse a
>> device in a normal non-wizard way?

Glad to hear that worked. I was all out of ideas :D

----
Nathan McNulty