Cant play any videos

nakita99

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I've had my laptop for 2 years and it recently said I needed to upgrade my adobe flash player, or else I can't play any type of video. I installed and uninstalled it many times now. I have Windows 7, I am operating on a 64bit IE9, and I've tried the 10.2 Flash Player. I still can't view any videos.

I have tried the (Start;all programs;internet (non64)), and there is only one option of IE. 32bit just doesn't exist on my computer, even as a default.
I have also tried making the shortcut (C:/program files/IE/iexplorer.exe) something like that, and that file doesn't exist either.

I would like to view videos online without having to download firefox or some other type of browser.

ANY HELP???

Flash support is notoriously missing from 64-bit browsers. If you installed the standard Adobe Flash 10.2 ActiveX plugin, then it will only work for 32-bit IE (which you seem to be missing?).

However, Adobe has made available Adobe Flash Player "Square" which is a beta version of 10.2 that is meant for 64-bit browsers. Install the "Square" version of flash and see if that works for your 64-bit IE. Download page for "Square".

Solution