Graphiccard for A8V Deluxe

I have so much problems with my A8V Deluxe. Now I think the graphiccard is
the problem. I have running a ATI Radeon 9250.
My question now, is it better to run a graphiccard with Nvidia-chipset?
Thank for answers and sorry for my bad english.

Paul

Splendid

In article <desrc2$uko$05$1@news.t-online.com>, "Peter Ziege"
<peter-ziege@web.de> wrote:

> I have so much problems with my A8V Deluxe. Now I think the
> graphiccard is the problem. I have running a ATI Radeon 9250.
> My question now, is it better to run a graphiccard with
> Nvidia-chipset? Thank for answers and sorry for my bad english.

To diagnose a problem, it helps if you report the symptoms,
any error messages on the screen and so on.

My experience with ATI products, is you must try several different
versions of the drivers for the card, to find a driver which
is stable. For example, with the driver on the ATI CD, I
was unable to boot my computer without it crashing. Downloading
a different driver version from ATI web site fixed it. (I
had to use Safe Mode to clean up the mess.)

Occasionally, I see postings on the private web forums,
were certain brands of video cards and certain chipsets don't
seem to mix, but this is not going to be true most of the time.
Otherwise, the video card companies would go out of business.
(Too much returned product is bad for business.)

Here is a Newegg product review for a 9250:

"I bought this card back in January when I did a computer
rebuild. I needed something affordable, but better than my
GeForce4 MX440 64mb. Then I found this. I liked its size and
large amount of memory. It has an older directx config, but
once the driver is updated it runs the games great. I can
play WOW on this card with mid-level settings without any
major problems. One thing I did notice however was that
the heatsink got scalding hot. No problems though, bought
a 6 dollar PCI fan (from newegg) and stuck it right undernieth
and viola no more heat problems. I would highly recommend
this product."

Check that the video card is not overheating.

Paul

Paul wrote:
> In article <desrc2$uko$05$1@news.t-online.com>, "Peter Ziege"
> <peter-ziege@web.de> wrote:
>
>> I have so much problems with my A8V Deluxe. Now I think the
>> graphiccard is the problem. I have running a ATI Radeon 9250.
>> My question now, is it better to run a graphiccard with
>> Nvidia-chipset? Thank for answers and sorry for my bad english.
>
> To diagnose a problem, it helps if you report the symptoms,
> any error messages on the screen and so on.
>
> My experience with ATI products, is you must try several different
> versions of the drivers for the card, to find a driver which
> is stable. For example, with the driver on the ATI CD, I
> was unable to boot my computer without it crashing. Downloading
> a different driver version from ATI web site fixed it. (I
> had to use Safe Mode to clean up the mess.)
>
> Occasionally, I see postings on the private web forums,
> were certain brands of video cards and certain chipsets don't
> seem to mix, but this is not going to be true most of the time.
> Otherwise, the video card companies would go out of business.
> (Too much returned product is bad for business.)
>
> Here is a Newegg product review for a 9250:
>
> "I bought this card back in January when I did a computer
> rebuild. I needed something affordable, but better than my
> GeForce4 MX440 64mb. Then I found this. I liked its size and
> large amount of memory. It has an older directx config, but
> once the driver is updated it runs the games great. I can
> play WOW on this card with mid-level settings without any
> major problems. One thing I did notice however was that
> the heatsink got scalding hot. No problems though, bought
> a 6 dollar PCI fan (from newegg) and stuck it right undernieth
> and viola no more heat problems. I would highly recommend
> this product."
>
> Check that the video card is not overheating.
>
> Paul

Here are my problems and symptoms.
I have so many black screens with automatic reboot. Or I have an error from
my graphiccard, VPU Recover. All the options in the bios about AGP 8 or 4x I
turned on and off, without success.
I can't believe it's the graphiccard for my problems, because the same card
running before very well on my Epox 8KTA3+.

Paul

Splendid

In article <deth4i$po$04$1@news.t-online.com>, "Peter Ziege"
<peter-ziege@web.de> wrote:

> Here are my problems and symptoms.
> I have so many black screens with automatic reboot. Or I have an error from
> my graphiccard, VPU Recover. All the options in the bios about AGP 8 or 4x I
> turned on and off, without success.
> I can't believe it's the graphiccard for my problems, because the same card
> running before very well on my Epox 8KTA3+.

Have you tried disabling the "VPU recover" function ?
http://www.hardwaretalk.org/VPU_Recover-1272158-212-a.html

Have you tried different versions of the ATI Catalyst driver ?

When both the ATI low level driver and the control panel are
installed, one of the control panel tabs is labelled
"SmartGART". AGP operating parameters can be set in that
panel. The Control Panel settings override the BIOS settings,
so in fact the BIOS settings won't do anything for you.
You should use the Control Panel settings instead.

When you change a SmartGART setting in the Control Panel,
it doesn't come into effect until you reboot the computer.
Just as the Windows desktop first appears, the SmartGART
software tests the new AGP settings. If the AGP settings
are not stable, SmartGART will try some lower settings.
Once Windows desktop appears, open the control panel again
and examine the SmartGART tab to see whether the new settings
were accepted or not.

To review the settings with an independent tool, try
Powerstrip (http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm).
Use the Options item from the popup menu in the taskbar,
to see what options have been enabled or disabled in
your system. I recommend not trying to force the settings
with Powerstrip, but try to change them with SmartGART
or the BIOS instead.

HTH,
Paul

ashley

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:25:01 +0200, "Peter Ziege" <peter-ziege@web.de>
wrote:

>Paul wrote:
>> In article <desrc2$uko$05$1@news.t-online.com>, "Peter Ziege"
>> <peter-ziege@web.de> wrote:
>>
>>> I have so much problems with my A8V Deluxe. Now I think the
>>> graphiccard is the problem. I have running a ATI Radeon 9250.
>>> My question now, is it better to run a graphiccard with
>>> Nvidia-chipset? Thank for answers and sorry for my bad english.
>>
>> To diagnose a problem, it helps if you report the symptoms,
>> any error messages on the screen and so on.
>>
>> My experience with ATI products, is you must try several different
>> versions of the drivers for the card, to find a driver which
>> is stable. For example, with the driver on the ATI CD, I
>> was unable to boot my computer without it crashing. Downloading
>> a different driver version from ATI web site fixed it. (I
>> had to use Safe Mode to clean up the mess.)
>>
>> Occasionally, I see postings on the private web forums,
>> were certain brands of video cards and certain chipsets don't
>> seem to mix, but this is not going to be true most of the time.
>> Otherwise, the video card companies would go out of business.
>> (Too much returned product is bad for business.)
>>
>> Here is a Newegg product review for a 9250:
>>
>> "I bought this card back in January when I did a computer
>> rebuild. I needed something affordable, but better than my
>> GeForce4 MX440 64mb. Then I found this. I liked its size and
>> large amount of memory. It has an older directx config, but
>> once the driver is updated it runs the games great. I can
>> play WOW on this card with mid-level settings without any
>> major problems. One thing I did notice however was that
>> the heatsink got scalding hot. No problems though, bought
>> a 6 dollar PCI fan (from newegg) and stuck it right undernieth
>> and viola no more heat problems. I would highly recommend
>> this product."
>>
>> Check that the video card is not overheating.
>>
>> Paul
>
>Here are my problems and symptoms.
>I have so many black screens with automatic reboot. Or I have an error from
>my graphiccard, VPU Recover. All the options in the bios about AGP 8 or 4x I
>turned on and off, without success.
>I can't believe it's the graphiccard for my problems, because the same card
>running before very well on my Epox 8KTA3+.

I have the ATI 9250 and had the same problems until I upgraded to the
latest Bios. My CPU is the 3000+ with Venice core.

Paul

Splendid

In article <j8g5h1la8qm43vlgj4cv44pp4bubbla831@4ax.com>, ashley@dontsend
emailherethegilberts.co.uk wrote:

> >Here are my problems and symptoms.
> >I have so many black screens with automatic reboot. Or I have an error from
> >my graphiccard, VPU Recover. All the options in the bios about AGP 8 or 4x I
> >turned on and off, without success.
> >I can't believe it's the graphiccard for my problems, because the same card
> >running before very well on my Epox 8KTA3+.
> >

> I have the ATI 9250 and had the same problems until I upgraded to the
> latest Bios. My CPU is the 3000+ with Venice core.

That is some good news. You've saved ATI's fine reputation :)

Paul

walter

Paul schrieb:

> In article <j8g5h1la8qm43vlgj4cv44pp4bubbla831@4ax.com>, ashley@dontsend
> emailherethegilberts.co.uk wrote:
>
> > >Here are my problems and symptoms.
> > >I have so many black screens with automatic reboot. Or I have an error from
> > >my graphiccard, VPU Recover. All the options in the bios about AGP 8 or 4x I
> > >turned on and off, without success.
> > >I can't believe it's the graphiccard for my problems, because the same card
> > >running before very well on my Epox 8KTA3+.
> > >

> > I have the ATI 9250 and had the same problems until I upgraded to the
> > latest Bios. My CPU is the 3000+ with Venice core.
>
> That is some good news. You've saved ATI's fine reputation :)
>
> Paul

I Havethe same Board with an GeForce 6600 GT and on my System i have
some hangs. This means, the System is locked and after a while the
Monitor gets black and the System is working. I tried to change the
settings in the Bios, but nothing helps.
If i slow down the core and memory frequency, al is ok.
Try this in your Driver-settings, maybe it works

CU

Latest posts