Looking at upgrading my ASUS A7N8X Setup.

Its an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe GOLD-UAY 400Mhz FSB
Ser No 34ZGOSO885
Part No 90-M7A622-GOUAY
CPU is an AMD Athlon 2800 @ 2.09Ghz (Reported in System Properties)
2 x 256MB DDR PC-333
Graphics MSITI4200 8X 64MB DDR

What upgrades would you recommend to this Mobo, keeping the Mobo.

Dino

personally...other than going to 1 gig of ram or a new vid card....save your
money till U have enuff for a new build.I have an A7N8X-Deluxe rev 2.0
runing a Barton 2500 at 215x10...I am going to build a new 939 soon.It does
not make any sense to spend money on the older units when the newer stuff is
coming down in price.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:18:53 +0000 (UTC), "Bill H"
<billharvs@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Looking at upgrading my ASUS A7N8X Setup.
>
>Its an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe GOLD-UAY 400Mhz FSB
>Ser No 34ZGOSO885
>Part No 90-M7A622-GOUAY
>CPU is an AMD Athlon 2800 @ 2.09Ghz (Reported in System Properties)
>2 x 256MB DDR PC-333
>Graphics MSITI4200 8X 64MB DDR
>
>What upgrades would you recommend to this Mobo, keeping the Mobo.

I believe the fastest CPU this will take is the 3200, so not enough
difference to make it worth doing.

Additional RAM would be worthwhile. Graphics card - if you are a
gamer then you could add a 6800 BUT this will cost and then couldn't
be transferred to the newer Socket 939 motherboards which take
PCI-Express cards.

So, apart from additional RAM, I would regard this board as end of
line in terms of upgradeability.

Bill H wrote:

> Looking at upgrading my ASUS A7N8X Setup.
>
> Its an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe GOLD-UAY 400Mhz FSB
> Ser No 34ZGOSO885
> Part No 90-M7A622-GOUAY
> CPU is an AMD Athlon 2800 @ 2.09Ghz (Reported in System Properties)
> 2 x 256MB DDR PC-333
> Graphics MSITI4200 8X 64MB DDR
>
> What upgrades would you recommend to this Mobo, keeping the Mobo.

As everyone says - upgrade the memory.

I would think that your XP2800 with 1GB of RAM should run better (on
average) than a 3200 with 256MB of ram.

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk

What type/make of RAM should I upgrade with, currently using two of three
Mem Slots, in order to go to 1 GB what's the best route / configuration.

Thought this was a great board that's why I bought it, sad to hear that its
lifexed already only bought it about two years ago........bloody progress

What about O Clocking?

Regards

Bill H
"Odie Ferrous" <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill H wrote:
>>
>> Looking at upgrading my ASUS A7N8X Setup.
>>
>> Its an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe GOLD-UAY 400Mhz FSB
>> Ser No 34ZGOSO885
>> Part No 90-M7A622-GOUAY
>> CPU is an AMD Athlon 2800 @ 2.09Ghz (Reported in System Properties)
>> 2 x 256MB DDR PC-333
>> Graphics MSITI4200 8X 64MB DDR
>>
>> What upgrades would you recommend to this Mobo, keeping the Mobo.
>
> As everyone says - upgrade the memory.
>
> I would think that your XP2800 with 1GB of RAM should run better (on
> average) than a 3200 with 256MB of ram.
>

> Odie
> --
> Retrodata
> www.retrodata.co.uk
> Globally Local Data Recovery Experts

Dino

the best bet for ram..is 2 buy a pair of 512's..
have heard of a few problems with just adding 512 to your 2 -
256...OC'ing...then you need to buy Quality Ram..Corsair TwinX or
OCZ(egs)...and some good cooling

thrashor

I'll buy the mobo if you still have it in working condition and the PCB rev is 2.0... or if you like - you may sell me the whole system as you have decribed and of course the price is acceptable... Thanks...