My XP laptop froze. So, I pressed and held the power
button of the docking station for eight sec to turn it off
and then pressed it again to re-start it. The power light
came back on for 2 sec and went off. Nothing was shown on
the monitor. I repeated and got the same thing. I
removed the laptop from the docking station and pressed
the power button on the computer and got the same thing:
power on for 2 sec and then off. I even changed the
battery, but it didn't help. Please tell me what is wrong
with my computer.

Sounds like hardware failure, contact the manufacturers Tech Support.