PCI Video Card with A8N-SLI Premium

Hi,

Im in the process of upgrading to a system based on the A8N-SLI Premium
which will be a costly but worthwhile exercise.

I'll be a bit cash strapped for a while and will have to make do with an old
PCI card Ive got laying around.

In the interim till I get some cash together to buy a PCIe graphics card,
would I be able to use an old geforce MX4000 pci card with this system?

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about video card premium

    In article <4312cd33$0$82739$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
    "Eyman" <anon@anon.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Im in the process of upgrading to a system based on the A8N-SLI Premium
    > which will be a costly but worthwhile exercise.
    >
    > I'll be a bit cash strapped for a while and will have to make do with an old
    > PCI card Ive got laying around.
    >
    > In the interim till I get some cash together to buy a PCIe graphics card,
    > would I be able to use an old geforce MX4000 pci card with this system?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    In section 4.4.2 of the downloadable user's manual, there is
    this item:

    "Init Display First" [PCI Slot]

    There is no accompanying text explaining what other options
    exist for that BIOS item. As [PCI Slot] implies that is
    the BIOS default condition, I think that means you plug in
    a PCI video card and it just works.

    Paul

    "Eyman" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Im in the process of upgrading to a system based on the A8N-SLI Premium
    > which will be a costly but worthwhile exercise.
    >
    > I'll be a bit cash strapped for a while and will have to make do with an
    > old PCI card Ive got laying around.
    >
    > In the interim till I get some cash together to buy a PCIe graphics card,
    > would I be able to use an old geforce MX4000 pci card with this system?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I have an A8N-E with a 4800+ (X2) and 2 Gig of
    memory.

    My Sapphire X850 XT PE died on me, so someone
    suggested that I try a PCI card, until my replacement
    card gets here. I was able to find an old "S3 Trio32/64"
    2mb PCI card. I'm using it now, and everything except
    games is working fine.

    I was very surprised how much this very old vid card
    could handle.

    I was in Comp-USA the other day and saw some new
    PCI cards for ~$65, that appeared to be for gaming, so
    I guess they are still making them.

    Luck;
    Ken

Asus PCI Graphics Cards SLI Motherboards