CDRW wont work with XP

I've just up grade to XP and installed sp 1 & sp 2.
My CDRW will burn disc's but when trying to play a games like doom 3
or jedi academy for example the games wont load. The games will work fine if a
normal cd rom is used instead of the cdrw.
The CDRW is a liteon and is a xp compatable!!!!!
I've upgraded chip set drivers, sound and video drivers, liteon has no
upgrades.
The box is a 2.4gh with 512mb ram and 128mb nvidia card.
Any help please guys.
4 answers Last reply
More about cdrw wont work

    anything

    Personally I'd get a decent CDROM drive & run it as well as your CDRW -
    save the Lite-on for burning purposes only.

    --
    tallyman

    Have same problem with Need For Speed -HP2 as well as one other NFS game
    (MSI CD-RW MS-8340). The solution I used was to load and run game using my
    DVDRom (LG DRD-8160b). However, I have read on a website (CDFreaks I think)
    about games having problems when a CD-R(w) is installed. Check out CloneCD
    software from Slysoft (free trial 30 days). The tray icon "Hide CD-R" may
    help you out. On the other hand I could be wrong.

    http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=58963
    r.

> [...]

    Are you kidding me?!? Lite-On is the BEST CDRW drive on the market. It
    should be able to do everything you can throw at it.

    Try some of the ideas here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    tallyman wrote:
    > Personally I'd get a decent CDROM drive & run it as well as your CDRW -
    > save the Lite-on for burning purposes only.
    >

    > --
    > tallyman

Games Windows XP