How to Overclock? (newbie)

I want to learn how to overclock. Is there a definitive source on the
web that can tell me how?

In article <KsOQe.148718$5N3.11279@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
rog4455nospam@yahoo.com says...

>I want to learn how to overclock. Is there a definitive source on the
>web that can tell me how?

One start is here: http://www.ocforums.com

K8N. I'm on a budget so I can't go to socket 939 yet.

On 8/29/05 9:46 PM, dino wrote:

> what motherboard?

Gilbert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2001

Back when techtv was worth watching, they overclocked a pc. It seems to be
trial and error. Change the bios settings and see if the os comes up, if
so, clock a little higher, reboot, etc.

-g

"rog344" <rog4455nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to learn how to overclock. Is there a definitive source on the web
>that can tell me how?

There will be no 'definitive' web source for...well...anything.

But, honestly, google it. Put your motherboard or cpu and 'overclock' into
google and wow! look at all the results. Read enough of them and you'll
figure what not to do, and what you should do.