capture device not working

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

a few months ago i installed some Directx updates on my
computer and every since then my video capture device
will not work properly. everything is fuzzy and i have
tried everything i can think of to reverse this. can
anyone help?

Video Capture Devices are those that are intended to take video from an
external source and display it on your computer. What type of input
card do you have installed (if any) and what is the model (including
brand name)? You need to install the proper drivers for this device
including the WDM Drivers. These are the most important drivers to most
video in sources. ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

tony wrote:
> a few months ago i installed some Directx updates on my
> computer and every since then my video capture device
> will not work properly. everything is fuzzy and i have
> tried everything i can think of to reverse this. can
> anyone help?

Uninstall, Remove and reinstall the device? Remove/rollback the DirectX
updates?

tony wrote:

> a few months ago i installed some Directx updates on my
> computer and every since then my video capture device
> will not work properly. everything is fuzzy and i have
> tried everything i can think of to reverse this. can
> anyone help?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

i have a avermedia averdvd ezmaker card. what is a wdm
driver? everything was workin alright until i installed
directx updates. tried to uninstall them and the card
still wont work. hope you can help

Try installing these drivers:
http://drivers.aver.com/software/EZMakerDriver.zip

----