Micron or Samsung Memory OK?

I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules,
but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
manufacturers. TIA

==steven
4 answers Last reply
More about micron samsung memory

    Micron/Crucial is a preferred brand here. No hassle return and
    lifetime guarantee, good web site, reasonable prices, and the only
    brand that would work reliably in an old FIC 503+ mobo as well as a
    finicky ECS k7s5a that I own.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    "Steven Liburd" <steven.liburd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    | I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
    | speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of
    inferior
    | quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded
    modules,
    | but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
    | manufacturers. TIA
    |
    | ==steven

    Got Micron on this Asus A7N8 del ver2.0 running slightly overclocked without
    any problems for the past 2 years.
    Have Samsung on an older EPOX board and again slightly overclocked for the
    past 4 years.
    peterk

    the problem
    "Steven Liburd" <steven.liburd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
    >speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
    >quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules, but
    >I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two manufacturers.
    >TIA
    >
    > ==steven

    Thanks for the replies.

    ==steven

    Steven Liburd wrote:
    > I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
    > speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
    > quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules,
    > but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
    > manufacturers. TIA

    I use Micron/Crucial, Samsung, and Mushkin quite often.
    Occasionally I use Corsair. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend any
    of those four brands.

Asus Memory Micron Samsung Motherboards