Micron or Samsung Memory OK?

I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules,
but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
manufacturers. TIA

==steven

kyle

Micron/Crucial is a preferred brand here. No hassle return and
lifetime guarantee, good web site, reasonable prices, and the only
brand that would work reliably in an old FIC 503+ mobo as well as a
finicky ECS k7s5a that I own.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Steven Liburd" <steven.liburd@verizon.net> wrote in message
| I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
| speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of
inferior
| quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded
modules,
| but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
| manufacturers. TIA
|
| ==steven

Got Micron on this Asus A7N8 del ver2.0 running slightly overclocked without
any problems for the past 2 years.
Have Samsung on an older EPOX board and again slightly overclocked for the
past 4 years.
peterk

the problem

Steven Liburd wrote:
> I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
> speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
> quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules,
> but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
> manufacturers. TIA

I use Micron/Crucial, Samsung, and Mushkin quite often.
Occasionally I use Corsair. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend any
of those four brands.