a b } Memory
a b Ô Samsung
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2005 6:59:24 PM

I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules,
but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
manufacturers. TIA

==steven

More about : micron samsung memory

August 30, 2005 6:59:25 PM

Micron/Crucial is a preferred brand here. No hassle return and
lifetime guarantee, good web site, reasonable prices, and the only
brand that would work reliably in an old FIC 503+ mobo as well as a
finicky ECS k7s5a that I own.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Steven Liburd" <steven.liburd@verizon.net> wrote in message
| I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
| speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of
inferior
| quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded
modules,
| but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
| manufacturers. TIA
|
| ==steven
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b Ô Samsung
a b V Motherboard
August 31, 2005 6:37:39 AM

Got Micron on this Asus A7N8 del ver2.0 running slightly overclocked without
any problems for the past 2 years.
Have Samsung on an older EPOX board and again slightly overclocked for the
past 4 years.
peterk

the problem
"Steven Liburd" <steven.liburd@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
>speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
>quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules, but
>I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two manufacturers.
>TIA
>
> ==steven
a b } Memory
a b Ô Samsung
a b V Motherboard
August 31, 2005 6:07:11 PM

Thanks for the replies.

==steven
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b Ô Samsung
a b V Motherboard
August 31, 2005 7:18:35 PM

Steven Liburd wrote:
> I looking at getting 2 sticks of 1G memory for an A8N-SLI. Generally
> speaking, are Micron/Samsung modules considered cheap, or of inferior
> quality? I know that there are more expensive, highly regarded modules,
> but I was wondering if there was any reason to avoid these two
> manufacturers. TIA

I use Micron/Crucial, Samsung, and Mushkin quite often.
Occasionally I use Corsair. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend any
of those four brands.
!