XP Pro Boot up procedure cycles

September 19, 2004 6:06:23 AM

I have just fitted a new MSI K8N Neo motherboard, Athlon
64 Processor and 512K DDR RAM.I'm running Win XP Pro. On
switch on it begins to boot up then just before opening
the desktop window I get the message 'Not enough Virtual
memory or paging file quota to run the specified
operation'. The system then restarts. This then
continually cycles until I switch off. I can't get into
Safe Mode because the system then freezes, I can't even
acess POST even though quick boot is disabled in the
BIOS. I've tried booting from CD-ROM (Win XP Pro) but the
same error message and restart cylce occurs.
Any ideas, anyone?
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 2:29:19 PM

RichardC wrote:
> *I have just fitted a new MSI K8N Neo motherboard, Athlon
> 64 Processor and 512K DDR RAM.I'm running Win XP Pro. On
> switch on it begins to boot up then just before opening
> the desktop window I get the message 'Not enough Virtual
> memory or paging file quota to run the specified
> operation'. The system then restarts. This then
> continually cycles until I switch off. I can't get into
> Safe Mode because the system then freezes, I can't even
> acess POST even though quick boot is disabled in the
> BIOS. I've tried booting from CD-ROM (Win XP Pro) but the
> same error message and restart cylce occurs.
> Any ideas, anyone? *

Reset the CMOS by either using the jumper or removing the battery for
10 mins. Then when it restarts you should get an immediate option to
enter setup (BIOS). Load default settings and re-boot.
If this still doesn't work, check your memory is compatible & tested by
MSI - the NEO is quite fussy on memory brands.

--
tallyman