When will Pocket PCs be available with 640x480 screens

July 1, 2004 2:54:32 AM

I have been waiting for new Pocket PCs with higher resolution screens
(640x480) to come on the market. Are there any review articles that compare
them?

I searched Google and only came up with a Fujsitu (If I remember correctly).
Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed
July 1, 2004 7:12:05 AM

Asus is developing one

http://www.asus.com/news/2004/20040311.htm

Powerful Handheld Computing
Leveraging a high-quality VGA LCD, 1.3 million-pixel camera, Intel Xscale
CPU and both Bluetooth and IrDA wireless connections, the MyPal A730 is a
powerful and multi-functional Pocket PC that significantly trims down carry
on baggage on business trips.

"Ed Morgan" <edmorgan@NOSPAMadelphia.net> wrote in message
>I have been waiting for new Pocket PCs with higher resolution screens
> (640x480) to come on the market. Are there any review articles that
> compare
> them?
>
> I searched Google and only came up with a Fujsitu (If I remember
> correctly).
> Any information or advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

July 1, 2004 7:27:55 AM

For a review of the Asus A730

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2087

"Ed Morgan" <edmorgan@NOSPAMadelphia.net> wrote in message
>I have been waiting for new Pocket PCs with higher resolution screens
> (640x480) to come on the market. Are there any review articles that
> compare
> them?
>
> I searched Google and only came up with a Fujsitu (If I remember
> correctly).
> Any information or advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

July 1, 2004 9:51:38 AM

http://www.mobilegizmo.com/23/112.html

Due out in July or August...

"Ed Morgan" <edmorgan@NOSPAMadelphia.net> wrote in message
> I have been waiting for new Pocket PCs with higher resolution screens
> (640x480) to come on the market. Are there any review articles that
compare
> them?
>
> I searched Google and only came up with a Fujsitu (If I remember
correctly).
> Any information or advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 12:55:25 PM

And what about the weight?

"Guy Quinn" <orgnlgq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.mobilegizmo.com/23/112.html
>
> Due out in July or August...

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 2:00:42 PM

I have a toshiba E800 and that has a VGA screen. Its great :)  Aparently they
are sold out now, but available on ebay etc.

Its a unique device, as it can be hacked to run VGA with the old non-se
edition of WM2003, which gives you tiny icons, and lots of screen space.

Newer devices will all have WM2003SE which expands the title bar and tool
bars to twice their height in pixels, so they are the same physical size as
on old QVGA devices. Madness! it wastes loads of screen space.

"Ed Morgan" <edmorgan@NOSPAMadelphia.net> wrote in message
> I have been waiting for new Pocket PCs with higher resolution screens
> (640x480) to come on the market. Are there any review articles that
compare
> them?
>
> I searched Google and only came up with a Fujsitu (If I remember
correctly).
> Any information or advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

July 1, 2004 2:00:43 PM

I downloaded WM2003SE from the Toshiba web site, Canada, for updating the
e800 to WM2003SE. But i have'nt bought their device yet.

!