RAID 0 for Windows XP Professional

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

I am running Windows XP Professional. I have an ASUS
P4C800E Deluxe motherboard with built in support for
RAID. I have 2 - 120GB drives set up as Dynamic Disks
and properly partitioned as a single stripped drive. My
boot drive is a 160GB unit. I have installed the proper
drivers from ASUS. When I connect the 2 120GB drives to
the RAID connector on the motherboard the computer boots
through the BIOS and then locks up. All drives have been
checked with the Maxtor Powermax diagnostic disk and
check out OK. The motherboard has been checked by ASUS.
Does anyone have a solution. Thanks.

Have you tried a clean install with loading the RAID drivers during
setup? Also, you may want to make sure your BIOS is up to date.

----
Nathan McNulty