Mouse pointer disappeared!

Hi!

The mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen!
Nothing happens when I move the mouse. Windows works as it should from the
keyboard. I tried two different mouses.

The computer is a Packard Bell.

Any suggestions?

--Espen

Does either mouse work when you boot up in safe mode?
Event logs have any clues?
Are these USB or PS2 mice?

Espen Johannessen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen!
> Nothing happens when I move the mouse. Windows works as it should
> from the keyboard. I tried two different mouses.
>
> The computer is a Packard Bell.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --Espen

USB mice.
I will try safe mode etc. later this week. The computer is not situated
where I am know.

--Espen

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Does either mouse work when you boot up in safe mode?
> Event logs have any clues?
> Are these USB or PS2 mice?
>
> Espen Johannessen wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> The mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen!
>> Nothing happens when I move the mouse. Windows works as it should
>> from the keyboard. I tried two different mouses.
>>
>> The computer is a Packard Bell.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> --Espen

Please define what event logs you want to know about.
Thanks,

Espen Johannessen wrote:
> Please define what event logs you want to know about.

System logs should have some clues - but check all for errors. Also report
back if safe mode works fine w/mouse.