Motherboard P4C-800-E same as P4C-800-E-Deluxe?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2005 12:52:49 PM

My motherboard is marked with the P4C800-E, are the Deluxe versions marked
in the same way? How do I tell if this is a Deluxe version or not? Whats the
differences of the 2 boards?

Will either of these boards run a P4 3.4 Northwood CPU?

Thank you.
September 4, 2005 12:50:15 AM

In article <-YadnZ2dnZ3EqjTInZ2dnRIThN6dnZ2dRVn-0J2dnZ0@rogers.com>,
"news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote:

> My motherboard is marked with the P4C800-E, are the Deluxe versions marked
> in the same way? How do I tell if this is a Deluxe version or not? Whats the
> differences of the 2 boards?
>
> Will either of these boards run a P4 3.4 Northwood CPU?
>
> Thank you.

http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?S...

Type in P4C800 and see what models of motherboards are offered.

P4C800_Deluxe P4C800 P4C800-E_Deluxe

So there is no non-Deluxe version of the -E.

Now, click on the P4C800-E_Deluxe link, to get a list of
compatible processors. This is the anchored frame from the
middle of the page.

http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right...

Paul
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 4, 2005 4:06:09 AM

Hi Paul,

So mine is a deluxe given it is marked as a P4C800-E, thanks for the
direction.

> In article <-YadnZ2dnZ3EqjTInZ2dnRIThN6dnZ2dRVn-0J2dnZ0@rogers.com>,
> "news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> My motherboard is marked with the P4C800-E, are the Deluxe versions
>> marked
>> in the same way? How do I tell if this is a Deluxe version or not? Whats
>> the
>> differences of the 2 boards?
>>
>> Will either of these boards run a P4 3.4 Northwood CPU?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?S...
>
> Type in P4C800 and see what models of motherboards are offered.
>
> P4C800_Deluxe P4C800 P4C800-E_Deluxe
>
> So there is no non-Deluxe version of the -E.
>
> Now, click on the P4C800-E_Deluxe link, to get a list of
> compatible processors. This is the anchored frame from the
> middle of the page.
>
> http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right...
>
> Paul
September 4, 2005 4:04:54 PM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:50:15 GMT, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <-YadnZ2dnZ3EqjTInZ2dnRIThN6dnZ2dRVn-0J2dnZ0@rogers.com>,
>"news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> My motherboard is marked with the P4C800-E, are the Deluxe versions marked
>> in the same way? How do I tell if this is a Deluxe version or not? Whats the
>> differences of the 2 boards?
>>
>> Will either of these boards run a P4 3.4 Northwood CPU?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
>http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?S...
>
>Type in P4C800 and see what models of motherboards are offered.
>
>P4C800_Deluxe P4C800 P4C800-E_Deluxe
>
>So there is no non-Deluxe version of the -E.
>
>Now, click on the P4C800-E_Deluxe link, to get a list of
>compatible processors. This is the anchored frame from the
>middle of the page.
>
>http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right...
>
> Paul

I bought the P4-3.20 GHz (800 FSB, L2 cache:512KB, HT, D1) to go
along with the board that's coming on Friday; I'm glad it's on the
list.
!