Safe mode ASUS P4p800?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2005 8:13:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I tried DEL and also F8 and have not succeeded to get into Safe mode.

How do I do this on this ASUS P4P 800 MB?

More about : safe mode asus p4p800

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2005 8:13:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

This has nothing to do with ASUS. It is a Windows function and F8 is
correct. Try pressing and holding F8 just after the BIOS boot screen.

<Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I tried DEL and also F8 and have not succeeded to get into Safe mode.
>
> How do I do this on this ASUS P4P 800 MB?

September 10, 2005 11:14:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

ASUS were dumb enough to make F8 on the P4P800, bring up a list of bootable
devices as well.

So, to get to safe mode, u have to hold down F8 and select the bootdisk,
then press F8 again to get into
safe mode.

"Gert B. Frob" <sbrentcarter@spaminator.net> wrote in message
> This has nothing to do with ASUS. It is a Windows function and F8 is
> correct. Try pressing and holding F8 just after the BIOS boot screen.
>

> <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I tried DEL and also F8 and have not succeeded to get into Safe mode.
>>
>> How do I do this on this ASUS P4P 800 MB?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2005 6:54:49 PM

Gert B. Frob schrieb:
> This has nothing to do with ASUS. It is a Windows function ...

Ha?

It's a BIOS function.

roy
!