Safe mode ASUS P4p800?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I tried DEL and also F8 and have not succeeded to get into Safe mode.

How do I do this on this ASUS P4P 800 MB?
3 answers Last reply
More about safe mode asus p4p800
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    This has nothing to do with ASUS. It is a Windows function and F8 is
    correct. Try pressing and holding F8 just after the BIOS boot screen.

    <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I tried DEL and also F8 and have not succeeded to get into Safe mode.
    >
    > How do I do this on this ASUS P4P 800 MB?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    ASUS were dumb enough to make F8 on the P4P800, bring up a list of bootable
    devices as well.

    So, to get to safe mode, u have to hold down F8 and select the bootdisk,
    then press F8 again to get into
    safe mode.

    "Gert B. Frob" <sbrentcarter@spaminator.net> wrote in message
    > This has nothing to do with ASUS. It is a Windows function and F8 is
    > correct. Try pressing and holding F8 just after the BIOS boot screen.
    >

    > <Ritter197@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I tried DEL and also F8 and have not succeeded to get into Safe mode.
    >>
    >> How do I do this on this ASUS P4P 800 MB?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

    Gert B. Frob schrieb:
    > This has nothing to do with ASUS. It is a Windows function ...

    Ha?

    It's a BIOS function.

    roy

Asus Safe Mode Motherboards