Asus Model for 939 CPU with AGP slot

Which board for a 939 cpu that has agp and will accept DDR 466 ram (kingston
dual channel)
4 answers Last reply
More about asus model slot

    A8V-E Deluxe? Maybe
    "news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Which board for a 939 cpu that has agp and will accept DDR 466 ram
    > (kingston dual channel)

    "news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Which board for a 939 cpu that has agp and will accept DDR 466 ram
    > (kingston dual channel)

    Is a AGP motherboard really worth the investment.....even though I have a
    6800GT OC 256k.

    In article <8tydnV9UjMJvPYbeRVn-2g@rogers.com>, "news_reader"
    <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote:

    > A8V-E Deluxe? Maybe
    > "news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > > Which board for a 939 cpu that has agp and will accept DDR 466 ram
    > > (kingston dual channel)

    A8V-E is PCI Express, not AGP. In addition, A8V-E doesn't do
    dual core. To see which processors are supported, always check

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    A8V-E Deluxe supported processors:

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right_master.aspx?type=1&name=A8V-E%20Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us&cache=1

    A8V Deluxe (with AGP slot) supported processors:

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpu_support_right_master.aspx?type=1&name=A8V%20Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us&cache=1

    HTH,
    Paul

    news_reader wrote:

    > Which board for a 939 cpu that has agp and will
    > accept DDR 466 ram (kingston dual channel)

    Unless you had your heart set on an X2, have you
    considered one of those Pentium M 7x0 processors
    with an Asus CT-479 adapitator for your current
    Mobo?

    http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2382
    Check the overclocked performance...

Asus Dual Channel CPUs Motherboards