Is it possible to permanently map a drive letter to a USB
flash drive (memory stick)? I want it to be permanently
labelled drive u:\
Help needed.
Thanks for the support

Plug it in and go to Administrative Tools in Control Panel. Then go to Disk
managment and right click on USB flash drive and choose Change Drive Letter
and then in this new window choose Change... and choose U or X or Y or
whatever...

Just remember to plug it into the exact same USB port each time. The
computer will occasionally assign a different letter if plugged into a
different port.

"Djordje D. Pantovic" <DjordjeDPantovic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D8B3B34F-F30B-434D-8D90-EB7824DC4931@microsoft.com...