CUSL2-C help needed

I have searched thru the manual and cannot seem to fine the info that I
need. The mobo was seft unplugged for quite a while, and, bieng the
forgetful person that I am, I didn't think about the CMOS battery being dead
before I plugged it in to run some vid card tests. Now the BIOS is all
scrambled and I can't seem to find any reference to the pins that need to be
jumpered to completely clear the BIOS before inserting the new battery.
That way, maybe I will get the date to at least go past 1999. :-) If some
kind soul would let me know which pins and exactly where they are located on
the mobo, it would be greatly appreciated.

Silvertip
2 answers Last reply
More about cusl2 needed

    In article <vqMSe.494$9x2.23@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Silvertip" <sparksr1@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > I have searched thru the manual and cannot seem to fine the info that I
    > need. The mobo was seft unplugged for quite a while, and, bieng the
    > forgetful person that I am, I didn't think about the CMOS battery being dead
    > before I plugged it in to run some vid card tests. Now the BIOS is all
    > scrambled and I can't seem to find any reference to the pins that need to be
    > jumpered to completely clear the BIOS before inserting the new battery.
    > That way, maybe I will get the date to at least go past 1999. :-) If some
    > kind soul would let me know which pins and exactly where they are located on
    > the mobo, it would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Silvertip

    Page 57 - unplug computer, short "solder points", turn on computer.
    The solder points would be two tin-plated pads, with the legend
    "CLRTC" printed in white letters, next to the two pads. Carefully
    place a screwdriver tip across the pads. The computer should be
    unplugged when you do it. If the battery is removed, while you
    are doing it, so much the better.

    http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock370/815ep/cusl2-c/cusl2c-104.pdf

    The reason for the solder points, is so the user will not leave
    the jumper in the wrong position, possibly damaging the motherboard
    when the power is again restored.

    As is suggested here, leaving the computer unplugged, and the
    battery removed for a period of time, would be just as effective
    as shorting the two solder points. With no power, eventually the
    2uA the RTC draws, will discharge the remaining 3VSB.

    http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/asus_cusl2/6.html

    HTH,
    Paul

    Thanks for the reply. I will give it a shot tomorrow after I get home.
    Trying to set up a legacy box and just couldn't get the durn thing to work.
    Silvertip
    > In article <vqMSe.494$9x2.23@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Silvertip" <sparksr1@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I have searched thru the manual and cannot seem to fine the info that I
    >> need. The mobo was seft unplugged for quite a while, and, bieng the
    >> forgetful person that I am, I didn't think about the CMOS battery being
    >> dead
    >> before I plugged it in to run some vid card tests. Now the BIOS is all
    >> scrambled and I can't seem to find any reference to the pins that need to
    >> be
    >> jumpered to completely clear the BIOS before inserting the new battery.
    >> That way, maybe I will get the date to at least go past 1999. :-) If
    >> some
    >> kind soul would let me know which pins and exactly where they are located
    >> on
    >> the mobo, it would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Silvertip
    >
    > Page 57 - unplug computer, short "solder points", turn on computer.
    > The solder points would be two tin-plated pads, with the legend
    > "CLRTC" printed in white letters, next to the two pads. Carefully
    > place a screwdriver tip across the pads. The computer should be
    > unplugged when you do it. If the battery is removed, while you
    > are doing it, so much the better.
    >
    > http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock370/815ep/cusl2-c/cusl2c-104.pdf
    >
    > The reason for the solder points, is so the user will not leave
    > the jumper in the wrong position, possibly damaging the motherboard
    > when the power is again restored.
    >
    > As is suggested here, leaving the computer unplugged, and the
    > battery removed for a period of time, would be just as effective
    > as shorting the two solder points. With no power, eventually the
    > 2uA the RTC draws, will discharge the remaining 3VSB.
    >
    > http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/asus_cusl2/6.html
    >
    > HTH,
    > Paul

Asus Battery Motherboards