Mouse problems

I have a Logitech optical mouse, I've had it for a couple
of years and it has operated fine. Lately the cursor
takes off randomly across the screen executing commands.
It frequently closes my web browser and/or locks up, and
I must then re-boot to regain control of the mouse.
Because of the way this started an the fact that closing
my browser seems to be one of it's favorite things to do
I figured I had a virus, but if so Norton is unable to
find it. Any thoughts out there?
1 answer Last reply
More about mouse problems

    Hm... if it is not a virus, and if you have an optical mouse try to replace
    that thing under the mouse (not sure about the name in english) to the one
    coloured......... If this is not the case then maybe the time has come to
    replace the mouse...

Mice Windows XP