XP service pack2 hard disk file system compatibility

September 20, 2004 2:07:01 AM

HI,
currently i'm having 2 hard disk in my PC. They are both
using FAT32 FILE SYSTEM. My pC is using WIN XP PRo
edition. Recently, i have just installed XP service pack2
and after installing it, i can't access my primary slave
disk and it also takes ages to load my desktop. My
question is "Is XP service pack2 compatible to use a FAT32
file system disk?" Thanks.

jc
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 5:10:46 AM

jc wrote:
> currently i'm having 2 hard disk in my PC. They are both
> using FAT32 FILE SYSTEM. My pC is using WIN XP PRo
> edition. Recently, i have just installed XP service pack2
> and after installing it, i can't access my primary slave
> disk and it also takes ages to load my desktop. My
> question is "Is XP service pack2 compatible to use a FAT32
> file system disk?" Thanks.

Yes.

--
<- Shenan ->
September 20, 2004 3:44:53 PM

Hi, JC.

Yes, every version of Windows since Win95 OSR2 is perfectly compatible with
FAT32. Whatever your problem is, this ain't it.

What is the make and model of your computer (or your mobo/CPU if you built
it yourself)? How many HDs and how are they partitioned? What interface
(IDE/ATA? SCSI? SATA?)? Is your BIOS up to date?

What does Disk Management say about your HDs, especially the primary slave?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX