Video card problem

My big brother bought a video card for his old computer. It is the
Diamond Stealth s80 for a PCI slot. Now it worked perfectly before he bought
a new computer. I set everything up for him and it works while booting, but
as soon as windows even begins its boot process it just blanks out. I've
determined it is not hardware, rather something I might be doing wrong. I've
installed the drivers from the disk exactly as explained in the manual, but
it happens. I've switched PCI slots and it still does not work. This problem
might deal with the fact he has a new sound card and i think that there is
some sort of conflict. How can i tell and what do i do? I'm on my last straw
guys, help? thanks for all the help you can give in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about video card problem

    Make/model of the new computer? Does it perhaps have an onboard graphics
    adapter? Is it diabled in BIOS?
    (Or at least does the BIOS check PCI graphics before AGP graphics?)

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "bmxwrestler180" <bmxwrestler180@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
    viestissä news:0C707F5E-C418-4D31-B5A4-C1FCF2E82EA5@microsoft.com...
    > My big brother bought a video card for his old computer. It is the
    > Diamond Stealth s80 for a PCI slot. Now it worked perfectly before he
    bought
    > a new computer. I set everything up for him and it works while booting,
    but
    > as soon as windows even begins its boot process it just blanks out. I've
    > determined it is not hardware, rather something I might be doing wrong.
    I've
    > installed the drivers from the disk exactly as explained in the manual,
    but
    > it happens. I've switched PCI slots and it still does not work. This
    problem
    > might deal with the fact he has a new sound card and i think that there is
    > some sort of conflict. How can i tell and what do i do? I'm on my last
    straw
    > guys, help? thanks for all the help you can give in advance.

Hardware Graphics Cards Windows XP