BIOS is making noise/sounds after installing SP2

Panther

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was working perfectly.
When i start using some different programs/games my bios is making
noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds. I have upgraded to
latest BIOS, Nvidia drivers, Intel Chipset drivers, soundcard ect... Nothing
help.
I also tried reinstall XP, but still no luck.

Any Idea if there is a patch to fix this problem?

Soltek SL-86SPE-L
Intel 2.8
1 GB Dual Channel RAM
120 GB WD HD
BIOS Version AM1.5L ( Fixed WinXP SP2 issue )

Panther

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

Maybe you have, but its a problem i got after install SP2, and its annoying
to hear at when playing games or running programs.

"Panther" <Panther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was working perfectly.
> When i start using some different programs/games my bios is making
> noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds.

That's nothin....my BIOS talks to me while I'm bootin...and whines if a
problem is found.

The BIOS sends audio beeps ONLY before the system boots as
far as having video. Since you said the problems was
happening while playing games, your problem is elsewhere,
probably in the game.

| Maybe you have, but its a problem i got after install SP2,
and its annoying
| to hear at when playing games or running programs.
|

| "Panther" wrote:
|
| > I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was
working perfectly.
| > When i start using some different programs/games my bios
is making
| > noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds.
I have upgraded to
| > latest BIOS, Nvidia drivers, Intel Chipset drivers,
soundcard ect... Nothing
| > help.
| > I also tried reinstall XP, but still no luck.
| >
| > Any Idea if there is a patch to fix this problem?
| >
| > Soltek SL-86SPE-L
| > Intel 2.8
| > 1 GB Dual Channel RAM
| > 120 GB WD HD
| > BIOS Version AM1.5L ( Fixed WinXP SP2 issue )

"Panther" <Panther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was working perfectly.
> When i start using some different programs/games my bios is making
> noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds. I have upgraded
> latest BIOS, Nvidia drivers, Intel Chipset drivers, soundcard ect...
Nothing
> help.
> I also tried reinstall XP, but still no luck.
>
> Any Idea if there is a patch to fix this problem?
>
> Soltek SL-86SPE-L
> Intel 2.8
> 1 GB Dual Channel RAM
> 120 GB WD HD
> BIOS Version AM1.5L ( Fixed WinXP SP2 issue )

Just to clear some stuff for you, BIOS doesn't make noise/sound. It's
FIRMWARE flashed into LPC chip (flash memory)
Sound that you hear comes from PC speaker or built into motherboard pizzo
speaker.
You have 2 options:
Open case and disconnect PC speaker (small speaker connected with 2 wires to
motherboard)
If you don't have one than cut/break pizzo speaker (it's small black tube
with hole on top)
Other option is to check BIOS settings, and disable any sound warnings.

popup blocker in action

"dh" <hemm99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> popup blocker in action

I know it's there somewhere but I'm missin it?

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:45:18 GMT, "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Panther" <Panther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was working perfectly.
> >> When i start using some different programs/games my bios is making
> >> noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds.
> >
> >That's nothin....my BIOS talks to me while I'm bootin...and whines if a
> >problem is found.

Panther

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

The PC Speaker is disabled!!!!
But still BIP

"zibby" wrote:

> "Panther" <Panther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was working perfectly.
> > When i start using some different programs/games my bios is making
> > noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds. I have upgraded
> > latest BIOS, Nvidia drivers, Intel Chipset drivers, soundcard ect...
> Nothing
> > help.
> > I also tried reinstall XP, but still no luck.
> >
> > Any Idea if there is a patch to fix this problem?
> >
> > Soltek SL-86SPE-L
> > Intel 2.8
> > 1 GB Dual Channel RAM
> > 120 GB WD HD
> > BIOS Version AM1.5L ( Fixed WinXP SP2 issue )
>

> Just to clear some stuff for you, BIOS doesn't make noise/sound. It's
> FIRMWARE flashed into LPC chip (flash memory)
> Sound that you hear comes from PC speaker or built into motherboard pizzo
> speaker.
> You have 2 options:
> Open case and disconnect PC speaker (small speaker connected with 2 wires to
> motherboard)
> If you don't have one than cut/break pizzo speaker (it's small black tube
> with hole on top)
> Other option is to check BIOS settings, and disable any sound warnings.

Panther

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

Its not the games !!!

Then it should be all my games :)

I tried using another MOB, and problem fixed.

So i skipped my Soltek and start using Abit

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> The BIOS sends audio beeps ONLY before the system boots as
> far as having video. Since you said the problems was
> happening while playing games, your problem is elsewhere,
> probably in the game.
>

> "Panther" <Panther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | Maybe you have, but its a problem i got after install SP2,
> and its annoying
> | to hear at when playing games or running programs.
> |

> | "Panther" wrote:
> |
> | > I just installed SP2 on my computer, after SP1 was
> working perfectly.
> | > When i start using some different programs/games my bios
> is making
> | > noise/sounds like (bip bip bip bip) in different sounds.
> I have upgraded to
> | > latest BIOS, Nvidia drivers, Intel Chipset drivers,
> soundcard ect... Nothing
> | > help.
> | > I also tried reinstall XP, but still no luck.
> | >
> | > Any Idea if there is a patch to fix this problem?
> | >
> | > Soltek SL-86SPE-L
> | > Intel 2.8
> | > 1 GB Dual Channel RAM
> | > 120 GB WD HD
> | > BIOS Version AM1.5L ( Fixed WinXP SP2 issue )

Panther

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

Just to make one thing clear.

I talked to Soltek, and YES it is the BIOS making sounds to me, they comfirm
there is a problem with my MOB version and Bios!!!