USB Compact Flash Card Reader can't be found

I recently installed the latest service pack for XP and
since then the USB Compact Flash Card reader won't be
detected by XP. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing
the hardware to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it, and how?

Thanks for the support.
1 answer Last reply
More about compact flash card reader found

    Had the same problem with a USB memory key drive when I installed SP2. I
    fixed it by going to the "Disk Management" utility, either from Control
    Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management, or right click My
    Computer -> Manage. Assign a unique drive letter to the device. Make sure
    the reader is plugged in beforehand. It seems that SP2 did something with
    mapping of devices. In my case, the first LAN drive is mapped to F:, and
    that's the first unused local drive, where the system wanted to put the
    reader.

    "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently installed the latest service pack for XP and
    > since then the USB Compact Flash Card reader won't be
    > detected by XP. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing
    > the hardware to no avail.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it, and how?
    >
    > Thanks for the support.

Compact Flash Hardware USB Windows XP