Dvd burner will not burn

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I just installed XP SP2 and after burning 20 DVD with no
problems prior to SP2, I can no longer burn DVD's.

It looks like both DVD Clone 2 and Nero no longer regonize
that there is blank media in the DVD burner.

I uninstalled SP2 and the burner works again.

I would like to install SP2. Does anyone know of a fix
for this?

Thanks

yep have the same problem with cd rw drive just pops up
error and wont burn....uninstalled sp2 and it works
fine....wots the problem???

There is a known incompatibility with nero 6 and there is a new
version available on nero's site to fix it. Having said that I have 2
machines with different DVD writers both with SP2 and have no problems
at all even though I couldn't be bothered to patch nero

"grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........."