bernard

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

After I installed XP SP2 Windows does not recognize my
internal modems. It is as if it no longer can use a COM3
or COM4. It found my USR internal but would not install
the COM3 or 4 for it. It does not see my CPU Builders
(Lucent, Agere) internal modem at all. External USR on
COM1 or 2 works fine.

Any ideas!

You used the Phone and Modem Options to try to Add the Modem? Have you
tried manually installing it from there?

----
Nathan McNulty

Bernard wrote:
> After I installed XP SP2 Windows does not recognize my
> internal modems. It is as if it no longer can use a COM3
> or COM4. It found my USR internal but would not install
> the COM3 or 4 for it. It does not see my CPU Builders
> (Lucent, Agere) internal modem at all. External USR on
> COM1 or 2 works fine.
>
> Any ideas!

Forgot to mention, your external is plug and play, your internal may not be.

----
Nathan McNulty

Bernard wrote:
> After I installed XP SP2 Windows does not recognize my
> internal modems. It is as if it no longer can use a COM3
> or COM4. It found my USR internal but would not install
> the COM3 or 4 for it. It does not see my CPU Builders
> (Lucent, Agere) internal modem at all. External USR on
> COM1 or 2 works fine.
>
> Any ideas!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM,

What problem? Your Cap Locks is stuck on?

----
Nathan McNulty

MAXIMUS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
> I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM,

MY PROBLEM IS AFTER I UNSTALLED XP SP2, WINDOWS DOES NOT
RECOGNIZE MY INTERNAL PCI LUCENT MODEM IN COM 3, AND THIS
PORT IT SEEMS TO BE TAKEN FOR ANOTHER DEVICE; AND REMOVE
THE MODEM AND PORTS SEVERAL TIMES AND RESTARTED THE
COMPUTER BUT THE PROBLEM IS THE SAME,

ANY IDEAS, THANKS IN ADVANCE,

There no image attached.

That doesn't seem to work either, I have the same problem.

Any one got any ideas?