monitor losing colour

when i turn on my pc, the colour in the monitor looks like there is no 'red'
but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a monitor
on its way out or could the card be the problem? I updated the driver but
no difference.
3 answers Last reply
More about monitor losing colour

    Hi, Krooz.

    > but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a monitor
    > on its way out or could the card be the problem?

    Probably the monitor. Maybe a broken solder joint makes contact after it
    warms up and expands. Of course, this is only one of several possible
    explanations. You haven't said whether the monitor is CRT or LCD; that
    could make a big difference in diagnosing this problem.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "Krooz" <nosp@mthanks.com> wrote in message
    > when i turn on my pc, the colour in the monitor looks like there is no
    > 'red' but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a
    > monitor on its way out or could the card be the problem? I updated the
    > driver but no difference.

    Thanks RC - it's a CRT monitor

    "R. C. White" <RCWhite@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, Krooz.
    >
    >> but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a
    >> monitor on its way out or could the card be the problem?
    >
    > Probably the monitor. Maybe a broken solder joint makes contact after it
    > warms up and expands. Of course, this is only one of several possible
    > explanations. You haven't said whether the monitor is CRT or LCD; that
    > could make a big difference in diagnosing this problem.
    >
    > RC
    > --
    > R. C. White, CPA
    > San Marcos, TX
    > rc@corridor.net
    > Microsoft Windows MVP
    >
    > "Krooz" <nosp@mthanks.com> wrote in message
    >> when i turn on my pc, the colour in the monitor looks like there is no
    >> 'red' but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a
    >> monitor on its way out or could the card be the problem? I updated the
    >> driver but no difference.

    For CRT, that is most likely the monitor. If it was LCD, then it would
    more likely be the video card or software (or settings). I would buy a
    can of compressed air and try to blow out the inside of your CRT monitor
    if possible. I had an old 19" MAG CRT monitor that was showing the
    whole screen with a red tint until I tapped it, but then it would come
    back after a while. Used a can of compressed air to try and blow the
    dust out and it worked for another year before it finally failed to turn
    back on.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Krooz wrote:
    > Thanks RC - it's a CRT monitor
    >
    > "R. C. White" <RCWhite@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi, Krooz.
    >>

    >>>but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a
    >>>monitor on its way out or could the card be the problem?
    >>
    >>Probably the monitor. Maybe a broken solder joint makes contact after it
    >>warms up and expands. Of course, this is only one of several possible
    >>explanations. You haven't said whether the monitor is CRT or LCD; that
    >>could make a big difference in diagnosing this problem.
    >>
    >>RC
    >>--
    >>R. C. White, CPA
    >>San Marcos, TX
    >>rc@corridor.net
    >>Microsoft Windows MVP
    >>
    >>"Krooz" <nosp@mthanks.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>when i turn on my pc, the colour in the monitor looks like there is no
    >>>'red' but after a while everything settles down and all is ok. Is this a
    >>>monitor on its way out or could the card be the problem? I updated the
    >>>driver but no difference.

Hardware Monitors Microsoft Windows XP