new hard drive

I had to move my start up drive to a second hard drive
due to a program lockign up the boot up and could not by-
pass using the safe mode! I installed XP Home on the new
harddrive. Is there a way to transfer my programs to the
new hard drive without re-installing all programs?

The soultion is next: Using Norton Ghost just clone entire hard drve to
another or just a primary partition. This will transfer all files, settings,
Windows, programs.....................everything! The only problem is if you
don't have Norton Ghost (but you can get it at www.symantec.com , however,
it's not free)..... Check if you got it with your mainboard as bundle....
Good luck!

If you can connect the old drive as a slave in the
computer, I believe the Files and Settings Transfer
Wizard (in system tools) will do the job. However, if you
already have users defined in the new drive or if the old
one was upgraded (mine was from W2000) the wizard makes
everything an unholy mess. That's what
reformatting/reinstalling is for!

Mike

F.A.S.T.W. will only transfer user settings and a few files such as My
Documents. This will not copy over any games, applications, or other
files. You still have to reinstall all of the programs in this case.

What you really want is a ghosting/disk imaging software application.

----
Nathan McNulty